We offer classes that follow the “Parenting With Love and Logic” programs and utilize their resources. The Love and Logic philosophy was developed by Jim Fay, Dr. Foster Cline and Dr. Charles Fay from Golden, Colorado. You can learn more about this program by visiting the Love and Logic website.
Love and Logic teaches parenting skills that cultivate confidence and good decision making skills in children by offering choices, empathy, and respect while avoiding anger, threats, and warnings. Families First offers this life-changing, easy to learn curriculum FREE of charge to local parents with children, toddler to teens.
Parenting sessions offered for groups.
Classes Offered in Pella:
Evening Class-cancelled for Winter, 2021
Love and Logic: Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun!®
Winter Dates: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Evening Class is cancelled for Winter, 2021. Check out an online class instead!
Trinity Reformed Church
- This class focuses on parenting children birth to age 6.
- No cost to attend, thanks to our generous donors!
- Unfortunately, due to restrictions related to Covid-19, we will not be able to offer childcare during the fall session. We recognize that childcare is the key for many families to be able to attend. If you are wanting to take a class, but cannot attend without childcare, check out the Online Class! It’s on Thursdays, from 8:30-9:30pm. You can enjoy the class from the comfort of your own home. It begins on September 24…check the “Online Class” page in the drop down menu (coming Wednesday, 9/2) for more information and to register.
- Meals will be prepackaged, and we will be following social distancing guidelines.
- SUPPER IS PROVIDED at no cost.
- Supper will be served from 5:30-6:00pm, and is flexible, so don’t worry if you can’t make it right at 5:30pm.
- To register, call Allison Kerndt (780-5741), use the online form, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.