We offer classes that follow the “Parenting With Love and Logic” programs and utilize their resources. The Love and Logic philosophy was developed by Jim Fay, Dr. Foster Cline and Dr. Charles Fay from Golden, Colorado. You can learn more about this program by visiting the Love and Logic website.
Love and Logic teaches parenting skills that cultivate confidence and good decision making skills in children by offering choices, empathy, and respect while avoiding anger, threats, and warnings. Families First offers this life-changing, easy to learn curriculum FREE of charge to local parents with children, toddler to teens.
Parenting sessions offered for groups.
Classes Offered in Pella:
Meet and Eat Class
Parenting the Love and Logic Way®
Fall 2020 Dates-Tuesdays: September 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November (not 3), 10, 17, 24, December 1, 8
*Dates and locations are tentative, as we are in the process of making plans while observing guidelines and restrictions regarding Covid-19.
Come and learn the basics of Love and Logic or refresh your skills if you have already taken the classes! Everyone is welcome! Great time to meet your spouse for a lunch date and “get on the same page” with parenting your kids.
From 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, join us for lunch and to learn the principles of Love and Logic through videos and table discussions. The sessions are in a relaxed style so feel free to come and go as you need to. If you are unable to commit to all 12 weeks, that is OK!
- This class focuses on parenting children of all ages.
- Offered at no cost, thanks to our generous donors!
- FREE childcare will be available from 11:45–1:10 p.m at a location TBD. If you are planning to use childcare, please contact Allison Kerndt (780-5741 or email@example.com) to reserve space.
- FREE lunch for adults at the Pella Pizza Ranch.
- No registration required – simply come when you can!